Labels

Thursday, April 17, 2014

SALOMON XTRAIL PILIPINAS 2014 'My First Official 32K Trail Run' - April 12, 2014 (Hamilo Coast, Batangas)


@ the 32km race map before the gun start.
As compare to my previous trail runs, this was entirely different and really test my strength, mindset and capacity as a runner. This was my very first 32K and the farthest official trail run I did and I learned a lot on this. I want to share it with you.

Do not underestimate.
I really shouldn’t underestimate it by just looking the race maps. You never know what kind of trail it is until you see and experience it.

Always be prepared.
Having one water bottle on the race is not a good idea. Remember it is a trail run not just classic road run where water station overflows. Better to have a 3 liters water bladder at your pack and lots of power bars and goodies. You never know where the next water station is and when you get hungry.

Keep walking or if you can, running.
Even if you thought you are so tired and exhausted unless you already have injuries, just keep walking. You may not know it but it will add up at the end in the finish line. Just keep pushing you self-uphill. Slow pacing but constant is the key of many elite trail runners in finishing their race.

Always be kind.
Just be kind to everyone and treat everything (plants and animals) good. I learned this one in the race that if you are going to overtake or pass someone you should said this phrase “On Your Left” or if you like “On Your Right” as a courtesy to the one in front of you. “Sorry or Excuse” is just simple words to say if ever you just bump another runner. You may not know when and where you need a ‘Hand’ in case of accident.


What makes this race more especial, well in every run I did is that when I run along with my "Only Pre". The race was the 'best’ in terms of trail running. My category was 32K Mountain Run and indeed it was a mountain run.  Traversing for almost 10 peaks! I must say that I should be proud of myself. I got a chance to cross the finish line before its cut-off time of 7hrs. Although I didn’t have a chance to get a medal for some certain issues, still I feel great with my first 32K ‘almost’ Ultra marathon race.


Overall performance: Salomon Xtrail Run 2014 - Results
Distance – 32KM
Time – 06:49:25
Pace – 0:12:47 min/km


Running with 'My Only Pre' <3


My SALTIK Outdoor Group Family!


Salomon Xtrail Pilipinas 2014 venue - Hmailo Coast, Batangas



No comments:

Post a Comment